Abstract: Modular and Scalable Layshaft Transmission Design
For today’s worldwide applications, scalability of transmissions has a vertical as well as a horizontal dimension. Getrag pursues several modular and scalable design approaches that reflect typical market and OEM requirements.
- Dr-Ing. Jörg Willert, Director Central Core Engineering, GETRAG, Magna Powertrain
- Dr-Ing. Carsten Bünder, Senior Manager Product Engineering, GETRAG, Magna Powertrain
“The Transmission Symposium is an event we cannot miss!“
Interview with Jürgen Link, Vice President, GKN Driveline.
GKN Driveline is a participant and exhibitor at the transmission symposium for many years now. For a good reasons as Vice president, Jürgen Link, said in our interview. Read more. Continue reading
Development of a three-speed electric drivetrain
High Speed Electric Drive with a Three-Speed Gearbox
Development of a weight, volume and efficiency optimized powertrain for a Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV) with high speed transmission.
- Dipl.-Ing. Uwe Reichert, Scientific Assistant, Research Group Drive Systems, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Institute of Product Engineering
- Dipl.-Ing. Torsten Epskamp, Scientific Assistant, Research Group Hybrid Electric Vehicles, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Institute of Electrical Engineering
- Dipl.-Ing. Aline Radimersky, Scientific Assistant, Research Group Drive Systems, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Institute of Product Engineering
- Dipl.-Ing. Sascha Ott, Managing Director, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Institute of Product Engineering
Virtual Driveability & NVH Development of HEV Impulse Start from Concept to SOP
Dr Stephen Jones, Principal Product Manager Systems, AVL List GmbH
- HEV impulse start challenging re time allowed & driveability
- New simulation enables early specification of HW system
- Model based control of AT, e-Motor, separation clutch & ICE
- Virtually quantify & optimize impulse start driveability
Driveline NVH Development Considerations for Fuel Efficient Vehicles
Thomas Wellmann, Department Manager – Transmission and Driveline Systems, FEV North America, Inc.
- NVH challenges for engine downsizing and downspeeding
- Influence of powertrain hybridization to vehicle NVH
- Vehicle- and driveline development for NVH refinement under consideration of future fuel economy targets