Driveline NVH Development Considerations for Fuel Efficient Vehicles
Thomas Wellmann, Department Manager – Transmission and Driveline Systems, FEV North America, Inc.
- NVH challenges for engine downsizing and downspeeding
- Influence of powertrain hybridization to vehicle NVH
- Vehicle- and driveline development for NVH refinement under consideration of future fuel economy targets
Development of Robust and Modular Drive System for MD EV
Dr Bulent Chavdar, Senior Engineering Specialist, Eaton Corporation
- EV market trends
- Major challenges for drive system
- Drive system concept selection
- Model based design for optimized drive configuration
Electric Powertrain for HEV and BEV with GKN 2-speed Torqueshift Transmission
Dipl. Ing. Theodor Gassmann, VP Advanced Engineering, GKN Driveline
- Torqueshift technology concept
- ePowertrain and demonstrator vehicle
- Model based design and automatic code generation
- iECO – Intelligent Energy Control Algorithm
GKNs innovative 2nd generation eAxle for the new Plug-in-Hybrid BMW 225xe
Joe Palazzolo, Program Chief Engineer – eDrive Americas, GKN Driveline Inc.
The new Plug-in-Hybrid variant of the BMW 2 series Active Tourer introduces a pioneering power train architecture which combines a front-wheel drive combustion engine with an electric drive on the rear axle. This concept merges the advantages of electric drive with conventional drivelines. Thanks to GKNs innovative 2nd generation eAxle, various drive modes can be operated: Pure electric drive for zero-local-emission driving, electrified all-wheel drive for enhanced traction and increased driving dynamics, hybrid drive and boost function to combine the torque of both, engine and e-motor.